Our team of Pool, Spa, and Backyard Specialists are here and ready to help transform your dream into a reality. If you would like to learn more about the products or services offered by Concord Pools & Spas, please fill out and submit the form to contact our sales department.
Required preparations for pool openings:
- Remove all water and debris from the winter pool cover prior to the technician’s arrival.
- If all water and debris is not removed from the winter pool cover upon technician’s arrival the appointment will need to be rescheduled for the next available date. When time permits, at the discretion of the technician, water and debris will be pumped from cover and incur a pump charge. Pumps to lower water levels are available for purchase at our Latham and Saratoga locations.
- Raise water level to normal operating level (middle of skimmer) prior to technician’s arrival.
- The technician may be unable to run pump or add certain chemicals if the water level is not at the normal operating level. If the water level is low the technician will attempt to get the pump running if a main drain or deep suction is available. The technician may need to leave the skimmer valve closed and skimmer line plugged to get the pump running. If a return trip is requested by the customer additional service call charges will be incurred.
- Leave all necessary pool equipment visibly on the pool deck.
- The technician may not have serviced your pool in the past and will not know if the equipment is elsewhere.
- The pool deck should be clear of debris and furniture allowing the technician 3’ of clear space around the pool to work.
- Failure to provide a proper working area for the technician may result in the need to reschedule the appointment for the next available date.
- Be sure there is power to the pool pump so the technician can run the pump.
- If there is no power the technician will get the pool ready to run but cannot check to be sure all equipment is operating properly and there are no leaks. If a return trip is requested by the customer additional service call charges will be incurred.
- Please make sure the technician has access to the pool area and filter location. We ask that the gates are unlocked, and pets remain inside the house during the appointment.
At your Full Pool Opening, Concord Pools & Spas will:
- Remove and fold the winter pool cover leaving it poolside upon completion of the opening. The technician will not clean the cover at the opening. They will make every effort to keep debris from going into the pool or try to limit any debris that falls into the pool to one area.
- Install ladders and handrails left poolside. If the technician deems the rail goods or deck cups to be unsafe or unusable, the technician will not install them at the opening.
- Liquid chlorine is added to the pool to shock the pool water. DE will be added to DE filters when pools are at the proper operating level. Technicians do not test the pool water, add balancing chemicals or salt to the water at the opening. We suggest running the pool and waiting 48-72 hours before bringing at water test to our Latham or Saratoga location. Due to the amount of liquid chlorine added at the opening water test results may be inaccurate if tested too soon.
- Start the pump and check the filtration system. Filter elements (ie. grids, cartridges) are not cleaned at the opening. We suggest scheduling a filter cleaning appointment when scheduling the pool opening.
- Heaters and heat pumps will be test-fired but not left running at the opening. Please be sure to properly balance the water prior to using the heater.
- Visually inspect the pool for any apparent problems. The technician will do their best to address any small issues at the opening when time permits. Other issues will require a service call and return visit. Technicians are dispatched with a full schedule of pool openings and may not have the equipment or materials needed to resolve all issues at the opening.
At your Partial Pool Opening, Concord Pools & Spas will:
- All the above for a Full Pool Opening except for remove and fold the winter pool cover. This should be done prior to the technician’s arrival. Failure to remove the cover prior to their arrival may result in the need to reschedule, if time permits, they can perform a full opening for an increased charge.
- When folding the pool cover, we ask that the cover be fan folded to the shallow end of the pool when scheduling a full closing with our technicians for the fall.
Please contact us at (518)783-8976 x406 if you have any questions.